Good day everyone, trust we’ve all been enjoying the new year. Now I’m sure most of us have heard about the Cucumber fruit. Some of us use it in our salads, for cooking and for beauty purposes while some of us don’t consume it at all. I did a little research on Cucumbers and what I found out will blow your mind. Cucumbers are all round good for everyone its benefits range from hair to skin to treating wrinkles, maintaining good health and a lot more. Kindly read through this article and I’m sure you’ll have a good reason to love cucumbers even more by the end.
Cucumber is one of the oldest crops around it has its origins in the Indian subcontinent . Cucumber also known by its scientific name as Cucumis satibus is a creeping plant of the Cucurbitaceous family. It is an edible fruit and can sometimes be used in cooking and baking, it can also be used in salads, sandwiches and as smoothie. It is rich in water content and also has low calorie and which makes it a good choice for weight loss.
Here are some of the all round benefits of cucumber:
- Revitalization of the skin; to use cucumber to vitalize your skin you’ll need.
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 2 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Blend the cucumber and add the other ingredients to it. Mix well then apply one layer of the mask on damp skin and leave on for five minutes. Top up the layer with more mask every five minutes about 3-4 times, once its dry rinse it off with lukewarm water and close up your skin pores with cold water.
- For eye puffiness, reducing eye wrinkles, removing excess water and reducing dark circles around the eyes; put two slices of cucumber on your eyes for as long as possible.
- Soothing of sunburns; carefully apply cucumber paste on affected areas and let it stay for as long as possible.
- Treatment of open pores and heat bumps on legs. You’ll need
- Cucumber juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Tomato pulp
- Aloe vera gel. Blend all together and apply to the affected areas
- Anti-cellulite; it helps banish cellulite from the thighs. You’ll need
- Cucumber juice
- Ground coffee
- 1 tbsp raw honey. Mix some ground coffee with cucumber juice with raw honey to make a thick paste. apply this on the affected areas wrap it in a muslin cloth and exfoliate gently after 30 minutes.
- Treats blemishes and freckles; You’ll need
- cucumber juice or pulp
- 1 teaspoon of oats. Mix the oatmeal in the cucumber pulp and let it sit for half an hour. apply it over the face and leave on for 20 minutes, wash face with lukewarm water and splash with cold water to close pores.
- Treating under eye bags. Cucumber can be used to tone down under eye bags, make a fine paste by grinding a small amount of cold cucumber. Add either lavender oil or chamomile oil to it along with some honey. Mix the paste well and apply lightly under the eyes with your fingers. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and wipe off with a damp cloth.
- Hair fall reduction; drink cucumber daily to reduce hair fall, also apply cucumber juice to your scalp for about one hour before shampoo.
- For shiny hair; you can rinse your hair with some cucumber juice to achieve shiny hair.
- Reliving constipation; daily consumption of cucumbers will serve as laxative and it also improves bowel movement.
- It helps treat urinary problems.
- It cures heartburn, acidity gastritis and ulcers.
- It fights intestinal worms.
- It maintains the body electrolyte balance.
- It reduces unwanted inflammation.
- It is an effective treatment for diabetes.
- It serves as a cancer preventive.
- It combats bad breath.
- It cures hangovers.
- It is good for treating blood pressure related problems.
- It detoxifies the body.
- It strengthens the bones.
- It treats pronounced disabilities like Alzheimer’s .
- It aids in weight loss.
- It helps the nervous system.
- It acts as stain remover for household and also restores shine when used as polish.
- Placing slices of cucumbers around the house and garden helps control pests.
Although cucumber has so much benefits and more, it might also have side effects in some cases;
- Itching and swelling may occur as a result of allergies. to prevent this the cucumber can be boiled before consumption
- It can lead to gastritis in people who are intolerant to cucurbitacin. To avoid this consume only cucumbers whose compounds have been removed.
- Consumption of excess cucumber can lead to toxicity and baldness because of the chemicals they posses.
Also make sure your cucumbers are fresh, the colors should range from light to dark green and they should be firm. Avoid yellowish cucumbers or cucumbers with spots. Don’t forget to wash them before consumption. Cucumbers are best stored in he refrigerator and should be consumed within 3-5 days. It’s a fantastic vegetable and contains all the basic nutrients the body needs. GO CUCUMBERS……