Good day lovelies, so today I was thinking about lemons and after a little research I realised there is a lot that can be achieved with lemons beauty and health-wise. This post is a summary of my research and trust me after reading this you won’t walk past lemons without purchasing a few. Now assume you have a lemon at hand, these are the benefits that single lemon can do to your skin and hair.
- It can be used as a clarifying moisturizer, a few drops of lemon juice and a few drops of coconut water is perfect for this.
- Applying lemon juice to the face helps clear out black heads.
- Rubbing lemon on dark elbows and knees also helps get rid of darkness there.
- Don’t have time for the dentist, lemon juice and baking soda gives your teeth a sparkling look when scrubbed on with a toothbrush.
- Lemon juice is perfect for reducing excess oil on the skin and also acts as skin lightener when used over time. Remember to wear SPF when using lemon on face to control UV rays.
- Rubbing lemon juice on your lips at bedtime helps get rid of dead skin cells by morning preventing cracked lips.
- Soaking your nails in a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice helps harden nails and get rid of yellowness.
- It helps treat dry scalp and dandruff in hair when applied liberally before exposing hair to sunlight.
- It makes a good anti wrinkle mask with addition of a few drops of honey and sweet almond oil.
- Lemons can be used to reduce acne and eczema.
- Its also effective for killing lice in hair.
Lemons can also be used to clean tough spots during domestic cleaning and its health benefits are countless due to its very high vitamin C content. I would advice you have a lemon as often as you have every other fruits and never forget, “when life gives you lemons, you better look good and stay healthy” *winks*.