Cancer is any form of abnormal growth found in the human body. It has become a threat to health as it is becoming more pronounced in our developing societies. Although the main cause of cancer can not be singled out, some of the foods we consume regularly and some lifestyle choices may put us at a higher risk of cancer. Here are some foods you may want to cut back on in order to reduce the risks of being diagnosed with cancer now and in the future.
- Processed and Canned Tomatoes the lining on the cans used to preserve tomatoes have been said to contain a substance which can be harmful to the body system. It can easily react with the tomatoes and cause cancer when injested. Fresh tomatoes however are strong anti-cancer agents.
- Alcohol based beverages excessive and regular intake of alcohol and alcoholic drinks have been linked to causing various forms of cancer. Controlled or prescribed intake of alcohol however often comes with more positive health benefits depending on the the consumer’s susceptibility to cancer.
- Processed meat such as bacon, sausages, hot dogs, pepperoni, salamis, beef jerky and prosciutto may need to be reduced so as not to put your health at risk.
- Red meat including beef, pork, goat, lamb, and horse meats can also be linked to cancer if it is being highly consumed . 65-100g of meat 3 to 4 times a week is recommended to keep cancer in check
- Burned or heavily barbecued food you may want to go easy on the char-grilling as well to reduce the risk of your food being carcinogenic
- Microwave popcorns might also put you at risk as the paper bags contains chemical substances which are generally harmful to the body.
The above listed foods may not exactly cause cancer but they are highly carcinogenic which means they can be linked to cancer. Watching your intake is advised so you stay healthy and reduce the risk of developing a cancer.